Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk/Comptroller for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration benefits. 

There is no charge to file a DD Form 214 or to issue certified copies of military records.

You may file your military discharge papers with our office at 1819 Farnam Street, Room H08, Omaha, NE 68183.

If a copy of a military discharge record is needed, the veteran will need to provide his/her valid I.D., full name at the time of enlistment, Social Security number, and date of birth.

Military discharge records can be provided only to the veteran.
They cannot be provided to relatives of the veteran.

If the veteran is deceased or unable to come in person, please contact the Douglas County Veterans Service Office by calling 402-444-7180 or by clicking here.