Military Discharge Papers
- Veterans are encouraged to record their discharge papers with the County Clerk/Comptroller for safekeeping and proof of service for Veterans Administration benefits.
- There is no charge to file a DD Form 214 or to issue certified copies of military records.
- You may file your military discharge papers with our office at 1819 Farnam Street, Room H08, Omaha, NE 68183.
- If a copy of a military discharge record is needed, the veteran will need to provide his/her valid I.D., full name at the time of enlistment, Social Security number, and date of birth.
- Military discharge records can be provided only to the veteran. They cannot be provided to relatives of the veteran.
- If the veteran is deceased or unable to come in person, please contact the Douglas County Veterans Service Office at 402-444-7180.